The GERM's Supervisory Board is chaired by Mrs. Louise Beaudoin, former Minister for Culture and International Affairs of Quebec.
Aside Mrs. Beaudoin, other members of this Board are :
- Mrs. Biserka Cvjeticanin, former Deputy minister for Culture of Croatia, Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for International Relations (IMO) in Zagreb
- Mrs. Aminata Traoré, former Minister for Culture of Mali, sociologist
- Mr. Aldo Ferrer, former Minister of Economy of the Republic of Argentina, professore emeritus at the University of Buenos Aires
- Mr. Abdoulaye Elimane Kane, former Minister for Culture of Senegal, professor at the University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar
- Mr. Ahmed Khaled, former Minister for Culture of Tunisia, writer and emeritus professor of Arab Literature
- Mr. Sergio Mamberti, Brazilian Secretary for Cultural Policies, actor and playwright
- Mr. Pierre-André Wiltzer, former Minister for Cooperation and Francophonie (France)
- Mr. Edgar Montiel, head of the "Culture and Development" section, UNESCO
- Mr. Jean Digne, president of the Montparnasse Museum and of the Hors Les Murs association (French national center for the development of street arts and circus arts)
- Mr. François de Bernard, president of the GERM association.
This Board will soon be extended to other international political, economical and cultural key figures.
The assignments of GERM’s Supervisory Board are the following :
1. Defining, on an annual basis, the general strategic orientations of GERM in terms of research, training, publishing, and contribution to the Globalisations debate, whether it be at multilateral, international or national levels ;
2. Directly or indirectly supporting initiatives and achievements of GERM, whether it be international conferences, reports elaborated for public institutions, expertise assignments, paper or multimedia publishing ;
3. Contributing to the extension and reinforcement of institutional links between GERM and public administrations, multilateral organisations, governments, local or regional authorities, companies and foundations, particularly in helping to set up appropriate institutional and financial partnerships.