An instructional and playful tool for educators to raise awareness among young people between the ages of 12 and 16 about the values and principles of the Convention
The Diversity Kit for Youth reinforces the promotion of creativity and the inclusion of cultural content in educational programmes. It also illustrates the possibilities of applying Article 10 of the Convention on education and public awareness.
Decision-makers in charge of culture and education, school networks, professors and cultural mediators are encouraged to adopt this pedagogical “ready to use” tool so that more young people understand the importance of the diversity of cultural expressions and the potential of their creativity.
The Diversity kit proposes:
* specific content articulated around the four central themes of the Convention: the diversity of cultural expressions; creativity; cultural policies and measures; international cooperation and solidarity;
* an innovative pedagogical approach (I-we-others-all) that questions young people in the first person while promoting a collective construction of the concept of “diversity”;
* a playful and interactive format especially designed to draw the attention of the target audience.
The Diversity kit is currently available in two formats in Spanish: multimedia and paper versions. To download the instructional material and to use the Kit for Youth, click here.
To download and/or print the kit presentation (in PDF), click here.
The Diversity Kit for Youth was created in partnership with the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policies and Cooperation and the Interarts Foundation with the support of the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID).
* Publications & Documentation
* Educational Tools
* Frequently Asked Questions
* News Archive
* Global Alliance for Cultural Diversity
* World Observatory on the Social Status of the Artist
* World Anti-Piracy Observatory